Tuesday 19 October 2010

What happens next.........................

As a teenager I went through a phase of wanting to know 'what happens next........." and where can you find such answers? At your local fortune teller of course!!!  I went with my well earned babysitting money to a woman who lived in a dodgey area of Cork city in a caravan!!! Well it wasn't that dodgey but it was in the city and well the caravan was in a yard beside a house so methinks she lived in the house and used the caravan as her 'office'!

Never mind that I was going to get my fortune told, I will find out 'what happens next...' maybe I will find out that I don't need to study so hard because I would win the lottery or marry a rich husband - yep that shallow and that lazy for studying!!, or maybe I would do something great in my life - cure for acne? look at previous remark about my studying! Anyway never mind I was going to find out what a wonderful life I would be having.

I wrote down what she said to me and honestly nothing came about, when I say nothing I mean NOTHING!!! Am I disappointed? Not really because once I stopped waiting for these things to materialise and actually forgot about it and lived my life other things happened.
Did I win the lottery?  No
Did I marry a rich husband?  No
Did I find a cure for acne? No but I never got it either
Did I study really hard?   At times

Actually I had already foretold my fortune but did not realise it.

I remember going for a walk with my Mother and my big brother and telling them my big plans for the future - now been the old age of 5 years old and a deep thinker I even gave them a list and this is what I was going to be.......

a nurse for 3 years
a teacher for 2 years
a mother for 4 years
and the most important job of all
a Charlie's Angel for 3 years (for me that was the best job ever!!!)

I got most of it right, became a teacher and mother and well with those two jobs there is a nursing side too and now if I can get the Charlie's Angel job then well I am a happy camper and my 5 year old self who is deep inside of me can go "told ye so".

Do I want to know the future now? Not really unless George Clooney is going to call in for coffee and declare his undying love for me then certain parts of the body would need an overall beforehand but right now do not need to go to the dodgey area looking for a woman in a caravan..................not yet anyway!!!

3 comments:

  1. OMG! That's hysterical. Somehow it doesn't surprise me that sometime in your past you visited a fortune teller. :) What did she look like? I'm picturing her in fuzzy bunny slippers, tons of make-up, gold bangles and smoking a cigarette. Did she have a crystal ball?

    As for the lottery... you never know. A rich husband...maybe. A cure for Acne?...yeah right. A Charlie's Angel? YOU BET!! Which one are you? Kate Jackson? Farrah Fawc... nah!!! or Jaclyn Smith?

    One more thing...I'm still waiting for a map! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I was going to be Sabrina. Ah, those were the days.

    ReplyDelete